TikTok recently announced a collaboration with Amazon to launch an Alexa Skill.
This means that starting from today, people will have the ability to explore and create videos on the TikTok app by simply asking Alexa “Alexa, open TikTok” on their mobile phone.
With this new Alexa skill, users can also ask Alexa to search for videos, explore sounds or record video; in fact, users can now ask Alexa to hit record for them by only saying “Alexa, ask TikTok to start my recording”.
Also, if users are looking for a specific content on the TikTok app, they don’t need to tap it into the search bar anymore; they can simply say “Alexa, ask TikTok to search for…”.
The new Alexa Skill offers also the possibility to:
- Discover challenges (“Alexa, ask TikTok for today’s challenge”);
- Play videos (“Alexa, ask TikTok to play my feed” or “Open TikTok”);
- Check messages (“Alexa, ask TikTok for my DM’s!”);
- Check notifications (“Alexa, ask TikTok for my notification”);
- Learn how to use TikTok to make a difference (“Alexa, ask TikTok how to do good”).
And, if you need a reminder of what you can do with the Skill, you can ask “Alexa, what can I say in TikTok?”.
The Alexa Skill is another way with which TikTok wants to allow users to quickly and easily create unique short videos and dive deep into the app in a faster and simpler way.