Finding an influencer to promote your product or service is one of the most successful ways to make money on TikTok and to grow your business and your profile faster.
However, the platform has already plenty of influencers registered on it and finding one right for your business could be difficult.
How can you choose the right one among thousands? In this article, we’ll show you step by step how to select the best TikTok influencer for your business.
Steps to take to choose the right TikTok Influencer
- Relevant content. First, you should explore and discover the influencers present on the app. Go to the discover section and type into the search bar a hashtag that could be related to your business. Take a look at the videos that appear at the top of the page (generally, the videos that appear at the top are the ones with the highest engagement rate, so those with more views, likes, comments and shares).
Another option is to search directly for one of the most followed TikTok accounts or one influencer you already heard about and look at his/her content.
- Relevance to your business. If some of the videos that you saw made you curious and interested, visit the video creator’s profile. Check if the topics he/she talks about are related and can be helpful to your business goal.
Look at his/her language and evaluate if it can be ideal for promoting your product or your service. If your business is formal, make sure to choose a person that keeps her/his talks technically accurate; otherwise, if your business is very informal, find a person that uses an everyday language.
- Engagement rate. The third thing to check is the engagement for the content posted by that person is high. Look if there are a lot of likes, comments, and shares. The last element is very important because it indicates that people found the content enough interesting to be shared across other social media platforms or with other people. This could be a huge opportunity for your business to gain more exposure and reach a wider audience.
- Activity and content on other platforms. Check the other social media platforms of that person and look if she/he has the same success across the other social media accounts. This is very important if she/he will be willing to share the TikTok content about your business.
Check also if he/she already participated in other businesses campaigns and see if the content were appreciated by the TikTok community and if they were successful.
- Budget. Then, you should take into consideration your budget and choose a person that is in line with that. Very famous influencers could charge a lot, so avoid the highest-paid TikTokers, unless you have a consistent budget to spend.
These were the most important steps to take to choose the right influencer for your specific TikTok marketing campaign or your business in general. Finding the right one will take time and a bit of effort, but it is very important that you make the right choice, because the person you select will determine the success or unsuccess of your campaign or the exposure of your brand.