Considering the TikTok statistics, the app has been growing significantly over the last period, reaching 800 million active users with an average of 52 minutes spent daily on the app.
Plus, while in the beginning TikTok was populated only by teenagers, in the last 18 months the number of adults grew 5.5 times.
Furthermore, TikTok is available in 155 countries and in 75 languages.
These numbers can make you realize how wide the TikTok audience actually is. This also means that there are a lot of ways to make money from the app and take advantage of it, and affiliate marketing is not an exception.
How can you do affiliate marketing on TikTok? You have two options:
- organic content (unpaid);
- paid advertising.
Below are listed the methods you can use for one option or another.
Organic Unpaid Content for Affiliate Marketing on TikTok
TikTok is still experimenting with the possibility to insert links to videos. This could be a great option for you as an affiliate marketer because you’ll be able to add affiliate links to your videos.
For the moment you have the option to add social links to your profiles, such as YouTube and Instagram. This is another option to do affiliate marketing on TikTok. At the end of each of your videos, you can invite and convince people to subscribe and follow you on the other platforms, where you’ll be able to place the affiliate link; by applying this method, you’ll grow your follower database and increase the earning commissions.
Another way to do affiliate marketing on TikTok is to include promotion codes in your videos if your affiliate program manager will be willing to furnish you with codes.
Paid advertising for affiliate marketing on TikTok
Another way to do affiliate marketing on TikTok is through paid advertising. The app offers different paid advertising options:
- In-feed Video: the ads that appear in between users videos when you scroll through your For You page;
- Brand Takeover: this type of ad appears as soon as you open the TikTok app;
- Hashtag Challenge: this is an advertising option exclusively available on TikTok and it actually gives you huge possibilities to get exposure and to grow your profile;
- Branded AR Content: with this option, TikTok allows brands to design their own custom filter on the app. This represents a great way to encourage users to interact directly with you.
If you choose to do affiliate marketing through paid advertising, you should learn how to create TikTok ads and what are the best practices to develop them. This will guarantee you the audience growth you need in order to succeed in your affiliate marketing business.
Watch the following video for more tips and information: