If you’ve got already a TikTok account and you’re familiar with the app, you surely have noticed the consistent presence of micro-businesses that promote their products.
The industries in which they operate are different, but all of them have had great results.
Whereas on the other platforms, micro-businesses struggle to get exposure, on TikTok they have concrete opportunities to build their brands from scratch, get noticed easily and start selling their products without spending money on advertising. In fact, some of these businesses became successful overnight, by posting a video that went viral.
If you’re thinking of starting a micro-business, TikTok could be the right app for you.
There are a lot of ideas you can think of, below is a list of the ideas that got more success than others on the app and from which you can take inspiration from, but first let’s explore all the benefits of starting a micro-business and promote it on TikTok.
5 Advantages of promoting your micro business on TikTok
The pros of starting a micro business are:
- Easy to make: you don’t need particular equipment, nor a lot of space. You only need basic supplies and essentials tools.
- Cheapness: what might cost you $2 to make you can sell for $6 or more.
- Easy to sell: there are a lot of websites in which you can easily sell your products; for example, Etsy or Redbubble.
The pros of promoting your products on TikTok are:
- Higher traffic to your website or page: you can add to your TikTok profile the URL of your website or page if you utilize another website.
- Higher exposure: on TikTok, there are more than 800 million active users, so you have high chances to reach thousands or even millions of people.
- It’s free: you don’t necessarily need to spend money on advertising; in fact, you can get noticed by only investing in content creation.
5 TikTok Ideas for Microbusinesses
Microbusinesses that sell stickers are becoming very popular on TikTok. The reason why a lot of people decide to start this type of business could be related to the low cost that it requests.
Most of them, design their stickers digitally and then they print them; then, they sell them on different platforms, such as Etsy or Redbubble.
Candles represent another type of business that is growing faster than the expected on the platform. People love to have quality and handmade products and also they love to support small businesses.
The crochet business is one of the cheapest and easiest to develop if you’re creative enough and you did some practice before.
You decide what to create and what to show to your followers: how-to, final products and so on.
- Handmade Jewellery
Earrings, bracelets, necklaces and so on are very popular on TikTok and represent one of the most successful ideas. If you want to make your jewellery business even more intriguing for the community, you can realize and personalize your creations on the base of the requests of your followers.
- Customized Clothes
Customized t-shirts, hats and so on have secure returns in terms of income. People like to have unique and original clothes to wear and you can satisfy this need by starting your own business and unleashing your creativity.
These were only some of the endless ideas that you can develop for your business. If you have a particular knowledge for another type of industry or you’re an expert in realizing something, such as paints, go for it and become successful on TikTok.
Once you decide to go for a specific idea, you absolutely need to know and follow all tips to grow your small business on TikTok. Before starting to post videos and content, remember to set up your TikTok business profile in a captivating way.